Race, cruise or fish - Evolution will take command
No fuss, easy to install and robust - the Evolution autopilot combines Raymarine's autopilot expertise, FLIR Systems' R&D, and advanced aerospace guidance technology to create Evolution Ai control algorithms that deliver a new level of accurate autopilot control.
- Automagic™ - No lengthy calibration procedures to perform. No compass calibration required. Plug and play connections
- Easy to install - Freedom from the restrictions of conventional heading sensors. EV sensor core can be installed above or below deck. Install upside-down or off the vessel's centre line.
- Aerospace technology - 9-axis precision monitoring of pitch, roll, yaw and heading
- Fuel efficient - Evolution autopilots steer so accurately they will save fuel and get you to your destination faster
Easily selectable performance modes
The EV Sensor Core
At the centre of every Evolution system is the intelligent EV sensor core, a 9-axis sensor that monitors vessel motion in all three dimensions. The innovative EV sensor core combines advanced solid-state sensors with the Evolution autopilot processor into a single easy-to-install housing.
Mount the EV sensor core above or below decks, the rugged enclosure is fully sealed and built to IPX6 and IPX7 waterproofing and submersion standards.
EV Sensor Core Benefits
- Precision monitoring of heading, pitch, roll, and yaw allowing the autopilot to evolve instantly as sea conditions and vessel dynamics change.
- Flexible installation options. Mount above or below deck.
- Simple SeaTalkng connectivity to the control head and ACU.
- Solid state sensor technology delivers dynamic accuracy to within 2 degrees in all conditions.
- Auto-compensation for on board magnetic fields and reliable heading accuracy in the northern and southern extremes.
- Fast and reliable heading data for MARPA, radar overlay, and heading modes on Raymarine multifunction displays.
Autopilot Control Unit (ACU)
The rugged ACU (Actuator Control Unit) delivers reliable autopilot drive power and also provides power to the SeaTalkng bus. Choose the ACU that fits your steering type:
Wheel, tiller and 0.5 ltr Hydraulic
Type 1 Raymarine hydraulic, linear and rotary mechanical drives
For solenoid controlled steering systems and Raymarine constant running hydraulic pumps
Type 2 and 3 Raymarine hydraulic, linear, and rotary mechanical drives
Your Evolution autopilot system
EV-1 Cockpit and Inboard Autopilots
EV-1 autopilots consist of a Control Head, EV-1 Sensor, Autopilot Control Unit (ACU) and drive unit. The drive unit (inboard mechanical/ hydraulic or cockpit mounted) and correct ACU for your vessel is dependent on the steering system and displacement of the vessel itself.
EV-2 for Drive-by-Wire Propulsion
EV-2 has been designed for the latest drive-by-wire steering systems and connects directly to Raymarine's SeaTalkng bus. EV-2 also has a dedicated CAN Bus port for direct connection to steer-by-wire steering systems - such as ZF Pod Drives, Yamaha Helm Master, Volvo IPS and SeaStar Solutions Optimus systems. A single CAN Bus connection to the EV-2 eliminates the need for an Autopilot Control Unit (ACU) further simplifying installation.
Find out more in the ordering information section or contact your local Raymarine dealer for further assistance.
Introducing HydroBalance™ Technology
Hydro-Balance™ Technology is an all new, patent-pending software update that delivers superior autopilot performance on boats with hydraulic steering, and particularly on boats with rudder reference-less steering and outboard motors.
Hydro-Balance™ is now available and any existing Evolution™ autopilot system customers can download the new software, free of charge, from the software download area of the Raymarine website.
p70 and p70R autopilot control heads
Complete your Evolution autopilot system with a p70 or p70R autopilot control. The p70 and p70R control heads feature vibrant colour displays and are powered by Raymarine’s intuitive LightHouse user interface.
LightHouse organises all options into simple menu structures and with Evolution’s quick setup process you will be up and running in minutes.
Designed for sailing yachts, the p70 offers simple 1 and 10 degree direct course change push buttons.
The p70R features a rotary dial control for power boaters. Use the rotary dial for menu and course changes or activate power steer mode and steer manually right from the p70R.
Autopilot control from Raymarine MFDs
Control your Evolution Autopilot directly from your Raymarine aSeries, cSeries, eSeries or gS Series multifunction display. Note that your multifunction display must be running Raymarine's LightHouse II software and that some autopilot functionality may not be available if your system does not include a dedicated autopilot control head.